Monday, May 28, 2012

Motivational Monday: Honor Those Who Serve

Motivational Mondays are back!  I've been out for a few weeks due to filming (I'll update you with my other blog, for my acting career in a bit), but I'm back and ready to kick some serious butt!
Today is Memorial Day in the United States, where we honor those who have served, are currently serving, or will serve in the armed forces.  Now speaking as someone who has never been in the service, I have nothing but tremendous respect for these people.  They put their lives on the line for little pay to help make the world a better place.  Now some of you may disagree, but look at World War II.  Do you know how many people sacrificed their lives so that we wouldn't live under Nazi rule?  I don't know, but it was a lot.
Many people are against the war we are currently in, myself included.  I don't like war and violence; it doesn't solve much other than get the adrenaline going and maybe a couple of broken appendages.  But I do support those who serve, because of what they do.  God know I couldn't do it.
So to those in the forces, I honor you not just today, but everyday.  You are truly an inspiration for us all to be something more than we are, and to fight and protect those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment