Monday, June 18, 2012

Motivational Monday: Make Your Own Miracles: My Philosophy

Hey there everybody!  After a bit of a creative hiatus to get me back to my roots (which involved me seeing friends and family, including two friends of mine getting married, yay!), I'm back with vigor.
You know, a little over two years ago, I graduated college with a degree in Musical Theatre.  Now to my knowledge no one had graduated with that kind of degree in at least 10 years (it was an individualized major).  A lot of people said that I was nuts, that it couldn't be done.  Yet there I was, doing what people thought was a fool's errand.
When I said I wanted to be a film actor, I had more than a few people say that I had to "go to Los Angeles, be there 3-5 years, and then you may get some parts, but you'll never really make it."  I've barely been at this film thing for 1.5 years, and already I am a union actor (SAG-AFTRA); I have a demo reel and a website; people are contacting me for gigs; and I am on the top of my game.
People told me I'd have to choose, that I'd have to give up some activities as I got older.  Since I've graduated, I've worked on feature films and commercials; done Tough Mudder and Spartan Race; met and embraced a new family in the worlds of film and physical fitness; travelled across the country.  I am surrounded by so many friends and family who want the best for me, I've honestly lost track.
So to all of those people who think that I don't have what it takes, to all of those people who wish to see me fail, let me tell you this: I've done all of this in 1.5 years, and I haven't even begun yet.  If you think I've succeeded now, you ain't seen nothing yet.  Brace yourself, because I'm making my own miracles, each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment