Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Injuries, Lesson 2: Embrace Something Else

A few weeks ago, I injured my shoulder during filming.  During this phase of training (because really, isn't everything training?), I've managed to learn a few things.
Lesson #2: Embrace something you wouldn't have done before.  In my case, this was biking.  I've never been very into cycling or anything like that, always attributing the strange shoes and tight shorts as guys and girls showing off (this coming from a swimmer, who spent most of his swim team youth in a mankini).  However, I decided to quit knocking it and give it a shot.  Yeah, it sucked at first (the seat is so uncomfortable!), but in time I grew to enjoy it a little bit, and it even became therapeutic for me.  It's something that I'm going to add to my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment