Friday, June 22, 2012

The Strength Test Project Day 5: Strength sans Cardio *Sad Face*

Friday is here!  And I have the longest work day ever!!!
...Actually not really.  But it is long.  As such though, I have a slightly quicker workout to do.  Which means: no cardio, sadly.  Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll get it in this weekend.
Here's the workout I did today.  It's a repeat of Tuesday's, but I decided to throw in front squats as well, which are a very lovely variation on back squats because the bar is on the front side of your body as opposed to...well, the back.  I've adjusted some of the weights, but overall it remains consistent.
Check it out:

  • Bench Press (165) and Plyometric Pushup: 3 sets of 5 and 10; 2 sets of 3 and 5
  • Barbell Curls (70) and Hang Cleans (135): 3 sets of 5 and 5; 2 sets of 3 and 3
  • Weighted Dips (27.5) and Floor Wipers (175): 3 sets of 5
  • Dumbbell Curls (35) and Triceps Pulldown (115): 3 sets of 5
  • Squats (185): 3 sets of 5
  • Knee Tuck Jumps: 2 sets of 30 seconds
  • Skater Plyo: 2 sets of 30 seconds
Yes, I did my upper body circuit:

  • Chin Ups: 5 sets: 9/8/9/8/9
  • Incline Pushups with Handles: 25/25/25/25/25
  • Handstand Pushups: 2/2/2/2/2
And I did my abdominal workout too!:
  • Hanging Leg Raise x 7, Hanging Knee Raise x 5
  • Hanging Leg Raise x 1, Clockwork Leg Raise x 4, Hanging Leg Raise x 1, Hanging Knee Raise x 5
  • Hanging Leg Raise x 7, Hanging Knee Raise x 5
  • Twisting Knee Raise x 4, Hanging Knee Raise x 5
  • Twisting Knee Raise x 4, Hanging Knee Raise x 5
Happy Friday everyone!  I'm off to New York to work on a new project. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment