Monday, February 27, 2012

Motivational Monday: Change of Scenery

Happy Motivational Monday!  Every Monday, I'll be posting a new little motivation to get you through the day, week, month, eon...whatever!  These just come from my personal stories as a 25-year-old experiencing life while working hard. 
This weekend I went down to Newport, Rhode Island for a couple of auditions, and decided to make it a mini-vacation.  While I was down there, I got to experience the beauty of the ocean, as well as the smell of the sea.  And in case you're wondering, yes it was cold!  There was a huge storm that was coming through at the time, so the winds were unusually high.  Despite this, I had a great time.  I stayed at a wonderful Bed and Breakfast called Fair Street Guest House.  It was straight out of the Victorian Era, complete with flowery wallpaper.  I went out, had a drink at a bar, and generally had a good time.  I even had a mother try to set me up with her two daughters that were with her!  Crazy stuff.
The point of this little story is that I got to relax and had the ability to take a break from everything.  It was just enough of a reprieve of everything that is going on in my life that I had a renewed sense of vigor. 
If you feel like your life is getting stale or you're in a rut, then go out there and do something impulsive.  Go camping for the weekend; take a road trip or a last minute flight to somewhere for the weekend.  You'd be surprised what a change of scenery can do for your disposition.
Newport Harbor

No comments:

Post a Comment