Monday, February 27, 2012

Workout, Split Routine: Week 1, Day 1

Hey there everybody.  I have a new workout scheme going.
Here's how it's gonna go: instead of working specific body parts or whole body parts, I'm going to do an upper body/lower body routine, incorporating a lot of functional, compound exercises (exercises that use the muscles together as opposed to isolating them), and incorporating abdominals and cardio in various forms.  Why do it this way?  In all honesty, I'm trying to see how much I can bench, as the most I've ever tried benching is 175 pounds, which I have always been able to do relatively easily; I want to push the threshold, plus see how hard I can push my body.  Rest assured, the workouts will get harder as I continue.
But first, let's check some stats of mine!

Neck Measurement: 16”
Shoulders at their widest point: 47.25"
Chest (measuring tape right across your nipples and under your arms): 40"
Waist 3 inches above your bellybutton: 31.5"
Waist at your belly button: 31.5"
Waist 3 inches below your belly button: 34.75"
Hips at their widest point: 39”
Thigh 9 inches above the top of your kneecap: 23"
Thigh 6 inches above the top of your kneecap: 21.5"
Thigh 3 inches above the top of your kneecap: 18"
Calf at its widest point: 16"
Bicep (flexed) measure the widest point: 14.75"
Forearm at its widest point: 12.75"
Weight: 167 pounds 
Body Fat Percentage: 7.0%
Here's a vanity shot!
Now for the workout.  If you have any questions about the workout, please let me know!
·      Abdominals:
o   3x (Hanging Leg Raise x7, Knee Raise x5)
o   2x (Hanging Knee Raise x5)
o   Tuck Sit Up: 30
o   Bicycle Crunch: 15/side
o   Plank: 1 minute hold
·      Main Workout:
o   TRX Sequence: twice through
§  I,Y,T: 5 per
§  Biceps Curl: 6-8
§  Triceps Extension: 6-8
§  Low Row: 6-8
§  Chest Press: 6-8
o   Barbell Bench Press: 10, 8, 5: 145/155/170
o   Barbell Bench Press Drop: 1 AMAP: 6 reps @ 135
o   Pull Up: 3x AMAP: 9/8/8
o   Assisted Pull Up: 1 AMAP: 5
o   Incline Pushup: 3x AMAP: 12/15/20
o   Dumbbell Single-Arm Row: 3x 6-10/arm: 45/45/50
o   Kettlebell Clean and Press: 3x 10/side: 35 pound kettlebell
·      Cardio: Rowing; 4,441 meters (2.76 miles) in 20:05 minutes
AI had a lot of fun with this workout.  Tomorrow is abs, lower body and some different cardio.  Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment