Monday, February 6, 2012

Motivational Monday: Enjoy Life

Motivational Monday for y'all.  Towards the end of last week I was feeling quite exhausted, so I wasn't keeping up with my blog.  Apologies!  I'm re-doing my workout routine and will be hitting it hard tomorrow.  So for now I'm resting and relaxing.
That brings me into my M&M for the week: enjoy life.  If you're at all like me, you have a tendency to work too hard and not stop to smell the roses.  This is very true of myself, as I work all the time (ask my friends and co-workers; I'm always on the move).
Doing so many things, I sometimes miss all the good things that life has to offer.  That's why I was very thrilled when I learned that, early last week, two of my very good friends, Kelsey and Liam, became engaged.  So I drove 2 hours to see them this past Saturday for an impromptu engagement party, which pretty much consisted of a group of about 20 or so going to a bar and buying the newly engaged couple drinks.  I had a few drinks myself to celebrate the festivities (had an Irish Monk...very tasty), and we just all had fun relaxing and enjoying one another's company.  I went to bed at 3 am, then woke up around 9 am, having not slept very well, as I usually go to bed by 10 pm.  But I tell you, it was one of the best times I've had in a long while.
The point of this slightly long babble is that you have to stop and smell the roses, and remind yourself of why you're working so hard.  Maybe you work hard for a roof over your head.  Perhaps you work hard to prove yourself to yourself or others.  Whatever the reason, you have to sometime stop and take a break from what life is throwing at you.  Enjoy life!  It's ok; your life isn't going anywhere.
Just enjoy, then go back to life.  It's a great recharge.
Also: Happy Engagement to my friends Kelsey and Liam and happy early wedding to Casey and Dillon and Craig and Lauren.  Enjoy each other, and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment