Monday, March 19, 2012

Motivational Monday: Be a Hero

Now since I'm on a superhero kick, I'd like to start off this week's Motivational Monday by talking about being a hero.
Now when I talk about being a hero, I don't mean being able to jump buildings in a single bound, or shoot webbing from your hands, or have an awesome utility belt, although if you have those they'll help too.  Also if you have a utility belt, you're probably loaded, and if that's the case, I'll gladly be hired on as your butler, fake British accent included. 
What I'm talking about is being a hero in any way possible.  There are those of us, like Bill Gates, who gives oodles and oodles of money to various charities, or Angelina Jolie who is a Goodwill Ambassador.  I give them tremendous respect for what they do, but not everyone has money to give or the time to be an Ambassador.  We're all busy, and Bill Gates and Angelina are wealthy and good looking (if you go for that geeky type of guy; I'll stick with Angelina thank you, especially after she pulled that leg stunt at the Academy Awards...thank you Angelina...). 
Anywho, what I'm talking about is just being a good person to someone, even if it's a small gesture.  Hold the door open for someone; help an old person with their groceries; be a Big Brother or Sister; volunteer at the Soup Kitchen.  Do something to help out someone, man or woman, dog or cat. 
Even if you do something as simple as help out someone in need, in that brief moment, in their eyes, you're a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment