Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Physical Perfection Phase 1: Week 2: The Spartacus Workout Cometh

So for today, I did lighter weights, but with the intention of keeping things aerobic.  In other words, moving with strength both in the muscles and in the cardiovascular capacities.
So check out what I did: my own version of the Spartacus Workout (or Version 1.5 as I call it).
All you need is a set of dumbbells (I used a set of 20s and 15s) and a TRX for the rows (or a bar suspended between two posts if you want it).  Because I had one, I also used a 20 pound kettlebell.
Here's how you do it: you perform each of the 10 exercises for 60 seconds with 15 seconds rest in between each.  After you're done, rest a minute or two, and repeat the process two more times.  Ready?  Here we go:

  • Squat Jump (switching to squat when you lose form)
  • Sprinter's Lunge
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Snatch (I used a kettlebell this time around): 20 pounds
  • T-Push Up: 15 pound dumbbells
  • Split Jump (switching to reverse lunge when you lose form)
  • TRX Row
  • Archers Squat (this is a new move, and I'll demonstrate it in a later video)
  • Push Up with Row: 15 pound dumbbells
  • Dumbbell Lunge and Rotation: 20 pound dumbell
  • Dumbbell Push Press: 15 pound dumbbells

Also, to keep my abs in check, I did this:
Plank; Back Plank; Side Plank Right and Left: all 30 seconds
And as for joint integrity...

  • Wall Push Ups: 55/55/55
  • Knee Tucks: 40/40/40
  • Calf Strengthening Work

Until tomorrow, enjoy this video of my Spartacus Workout 1.5, minus the Archer's Squat.  
Work it!

No comments:

Post a Comment